Summertime Fun a Yoga Journey to the Beach
Summertime Fun: A yoga journey to the beach
The warm weather and possibilities of summer offer great incentive to enjoy the outdoors and breath. What follows are entertaining yoga poses inspired by the season, as well as insight for a super food to boost your munchkin’s and your own immune system.
For me, summertime calls to mind the beach, water and fresh air. Likewise, let’s take a yoga journey to the beach.
When traveling to the beach, encourage your children’s involvement in a few decisions. Perhaps allow them to choose three toys to take or activities to try to support with self-regulation and manage expectations upon arriving surfside. Then when you get to the beach, lead your family in doing an ocean breath to bring calmness to everyone and help kids transition to the shoreline. Lead the ocean breath by asking the gang to breathe deeply by inhaling through the nose and exhaling through the mouth. It’s just like fogging up a mirror. For the second breath, ask them to exhale with their mouths closed. Do this a handful of times to calm the breath. To facilitate the process, tell everyone to breathe in sync with the sounds of the ocean. When the water comes inland, everyone inhales; when the waves go off to the shore, everyone exhales. As the exercise gets your family harmonized with the environment, it dually provides reassurance. Children are reassured in hearing the ocean through the echoing sounds of the ocean and consequently feel centered at the beach. As an aside, while this a technique known as Ujjayi breathing, or a way to maintain an even and smooth breath, your kids might appreciate the other names for the technique: ocean and Darth Fader breath!
For more fun yoga poses & tips ––> Critters on the Beach
You May Also Like
- You Don’t Need to Leave Your House to Have an Adventure
- Encourage Traveling for All Without Limits
- How to Plan a Safe and Fun Summer With COVID-19 Guidelines
- 6 Ways Help Special Needs Families During The Pandemic
- Simple Ways To Have A Little Summer Adventure
- Traveling Tips for Parents of Children with Special Needs
- Traveling with Special Dietary Need
- Family Adventures in the Summer: Special Diets Don’t Have to Stop the Fun
- 10 Things Every Parent of a Special Needs Child Should Have Before Traveling
- Summer Staycation
- Apps for Adventure
- Tech Travel Tips for Summer
- Summer Travel & Outdoor Fun with Apps
- Explore and Discover Our World With the Help of These Apps