Simple Ways To Have A Little Summer Adventure
To me, adventure has always been the connections and bonds you create with people when you’re there. And you can have that anywhere. – Bear Grylls, Adventurer
Bear Grylls’ Summer “to-do list” for Adventurers
Looking for a little summer adventure? A couple of years ago, Bear Grylls (from “Running Wild with Bear Grylls) launched a “Summer Manifesto” challenging every child to accept his challenge for summer adventure.
The summer break is the perfect opportunity for fun, challenge, and adventure. It’s a time for kids to get outdoors, build forts, learn a new skill, make new friends and have a little freedom to discover who they are.
I’m sure we all could use a little adventure, and a little fun, so let’s follow his summer to-do list by trying to incorporate the following:
Spend a night under the stars: This can be in your own backyard or as part of group camp out.
Learn a new skill: This could be anything; learning to surf, riding a bike, learning how to fish, create art, or play an instrument.
Do something for someone else: Help your neighbor, their parents, siblings or relatives.
Get fit: Get into training for an adventure with some form of exercise.
Build something: A den, a tree house, a go-cart, a boat, a bird house, you name it. While this may not be practical for some, you could take your child to a Home Depot workshop or DIY demonstration.
Go on a wild adventure: On foot, on the bike, on the water, or, in the air.
Grylls also said, “Every child has the right to adventure; nature is the world’s best adventure playground, and it’s open to all”.
None of his challenges need to cost a penny, so there’s no excuse to spend the summer inside on the couch. He encouraged everyone to enjoy a “summer of adventure”.
We have found some apps for adventures both big and small. Whether you are traveling across the U.S. or traveling across town to a playground with adaptive equipment, enjoy adding these apps into your summer time fun!
More Helpful Apps
- Apps for Adventure
- Tech Travel Tips for Summer
- Summer Travel & Outdoor Fun with Apps
- Explore and Discover Our World With the Help of These Apps
- Staying at Home: Tech Tips to Help Throughout Your Day
- Life-Changing Apps for People with Disabilities
You May Also Like
- You Don’t Need to Leave Your House to Have an Adventure
- Encourage Traveling for All Without Limits
- How to Plan a Safe and Fun Summer With COVID-19 Guidelines
- 6 Ways Help Special Needs Families During The Pandemic
- Simple Ways To Have A Little Summer Adventure
- Traveling Tips for Parents of Children with Special Needs
- Traveling with Special Dietary Need
- Family Adventures in the Summer: Special Diets Don’t Have to Stop the Fun
- 10 Things Every Parent of a Special Needs Child Should Have Before Traveling
- Summertime Family Fun
- Summer Staycation
This post originally appeared on our May/June 2017 Magazine