Famous People with Special Needs
The following people did not let their disability stop them in achieving their dreams.
Ludwig Van Beethoven – musician, (deaf)
Ray Charles – musician, composer, singer (blind)
Cher – singer, actress (LD)
Tom Cruise – actor (LD)
Henri de Toulouse-Lautrec – artist (physically challenged)
Walt Disney – animator, cartoonist, created Disneyland
Thomas Edison – inventor, industrialist (LD)
Albert Einstein – scientist (LD)
Jim Eisenreich – baseball althlete (Tourette syndrome)
Whoopi Goldberg – actress, comedian (LD)
James Earl Jones – actor (stutter from age of 6 to 14)
John Lennon – singer, musician, songwriter with Beatles (LD)
Marlee Matlin – actress (deaf)
Isaac Newton – scientist (mentally ill)
Itzhak Perlman – concert violinist (paralyzed from waist down)
Richard Pryor – actor, comedian (multiple sclerosis)
Theodore Roosevelt – 26th U.S. President
(asthma, partially sighted)
Franklin Delano Roosevelt – 32nd U.S. President,
(had polio at age 39, paralyzed)
Vincent Van Gogh – artist (mentally ill)
Stevie Wonder – musician (blind)
LD – learning differences or disability
You May Also Like
- Celebrities with Disabilities that Turned their Dreams into Attainable Goals
- Identifying Goals
- How to Find Your Special Child’s Spark?
- How to Set Clear Goals and Plan Naturally
- Born This Way Is Paving the Way!
- Be Inspired, Dream Big with John Tucker and Rachel Osterbach
- Help Motivate Your Kids With This Powerful Tool!
- Patricia Moody’s PATH to Success
- Setting and Achieving High Expectations
- Goals and Plans Are Not Enough!
- Pablo Piccaso