Help motivate your kids with this powerful tool!
Create a vision board with your kids.
A vision board is a powerful tool. It is a collection of images that represent or symbolize the future you desire.
A vision board is a great way to motivate kids and help them pursue their dreams and goals. By seeing their goals visually in front of them, it becomes a daily visual reminder.
Kailee shares about her vision board
Making a vision board with your kids is super easy and here are the supplies you will need:
- Construction paper or magnet board.
- Images from the Internet or magazines
- Glue stick or magnets
Ask your kids about their dreams. The sky is the limit; let them DREAM BIG! Have them write down their goals or help them to write those down. Find and cut out images from magazines or printouts from the Internet that match their goals. Help them cut out a few keywords (5) and include them on the board. Select words that will inspire and keep them motivated throughout the year.
Ask the following questions to help them get started
- What DO you want to be when you grow up? What kind of job or work do you want to do? A fireman, a ballerina…
- Where would you like to GO or travel to this year? What places would you like to go to, visit, and see? What would you like to do possibly do there?
- BE healthy and happy. What can you do to be healthy? What can you do to be happy? What can you do to make others happy?
- What do you LOVE to do? Who do you love? What makes your heart happy? Is it Family, friends, pets, or Legos?
Tips: Google search images. Kailee and I used Google search images, and I let her pick out the images that she liked and that resonated with her. Then I printed them. Remind your kids that they can always add to their vision board throughout the year.