How to Set Clear Goals and Plan Naturally
#30: How to set clear goals and plan naturally
[Click to Listen to Podcast]
As parents of children with special needs, we have to be able to not only set goals and help our children reach them, but we also have to become good at planning.
Wouldn’t it be great to have a successful, easy to use method (or “recipe” to follow) for planning and to set and achieve clear goals?
Well, I’ve found a couple of methods (processes) that have helped me and I know they can help YOU.
What you will learn in this podcast:
- How to set and achieve clear targets
- Clarify your focus with Realistic Thinking
- What doing your homework means
- Important IEP tips to be aware of
- The process of planning naturally
- Easy ways to define the next concrete steps
How to set and achieve clear targets
[2:59] Set and achieve clear targets or goals by thinking realistically and making sure you do your homework. THAT’S IT…sounds simple enough, right?
Explanation of thinking realistically as it pertains to success
[1:52] What happens if you don’t use realistic thinking?
[2:44] You can be positive and full of hope for your child’s future? But, that alone is not a strategy.
Make sure you’re doing your homework?
[3:41] A couple of examples are explained that should be covered when doing your homework.
[4:14] Example to clarify realistic thinking
[5:03] Important tips we all should KEEP in mind when planning
[5:27] Good time to review how your child learns best
The process and steps are broken down and defined when using natural planning.
[6:32] An example of natural planning being used in everyday life
[8:49 -13:38] The 5-step process broken down and explained.
Links or resources mentioned in the Podcast:
How Successful People Think by John C. Maxwell
Getting Things Done by David Allen
This post contains affiliate links, which means Parenting Special Needs LLC, could receive a commission if you purchase using this link. We appreciate your support.
You May Also Like
- A Complete Guide on Positive Behavior Support for Children With Special Needs
- The Politics of Special Education: The Information You Need Right Now
- Help Motivate Your Kids With This Powerful Tool!
- Help Motivate Your Kids With A Vision Board
- IEP Goals and Your Child’s Future
- How to Find Your Special Child’s Spark?
- Getting Your Child Motivated for This School Year
- Patricia Moody’s PATH to Success
- Setting and Achieving High Expectations
- Do You Set High Expectations for Your Child with Special Needs?
- What to Expect When Establishing Expectations
- Expectations: How Far Have We Come and What to Expect for the New School Year
- Avoiding Unmatched Expectations