Goals and Plans Are Not Enough!
As special needs parents, we focus on goals and plans, but they are not enough!!! I’ve learned a few things I like to share that may help you.
[Click to Listen to Podcast]
Read about Empowering Ability of this issue of Parenting Special Needs Magazine.
Professionals from our directory answer and share advice.
This tip is courtesy of Joseph M. Mersol.
The most impactful task families or caregivers can do to ensure continuity for their child with special needs is to create a “Letter of Intent.” A letter of love to your child and for those who will be entrusted with his and her care. The goal of this document is to memorialize your knowledge of your child’s needs to help guide future caregivers, guardians, trustees, and courts in understanding your hopes and dreams for your child.
Here is a Free “Letter of Intent” PDF for you to Download.
You May Also Like
- A Complete Guide on Positive Behavior Support for Children With Special Needs
- How to Set Clear Goals and Plan Naturally
- Celebrities with Disabilities that Turned their Dreams into Attainable Goals
- The Politics of Special Education: The Information You Need Right Now
- Help Motivate Your Kids With A Vision Board
- IEP Goals and Your Child’s Future
- How to Find Your Special Child’s Spark?
- Getting Your Child Motivated for This School Year
- Patricia Moody’s PATH to Success
- Setting and Achieving High Expectations
- Do You Set High Expectations for Your Child with Special Needs?
- Avoiding Unmatched Expectations