Free Access Pass to America the Beautiful
Great Smoky Mountains National Park
Did you know that individuals with disabilities may be eligible for an Access Pass to America’s National Parks at no cost?
To qualify for the pass, individuals must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident of any age, determined to have a permanent disability that limits one or more life activities. There are a few ways to apply that include going to your nearest location with necessary documentation, or you can apply via mail order (USGS requires $10 handling fee). Mandatory documentation includes one of the following:
- Statement by a licensed physician
- Document issued by Federal agency such as the Veteran’s Administration, Social Security Disability Income, or Supplemental Security Income
- Document issued by a State agency such as a vocational rehabilitation agency.
Other mandatory documents:
- proof of citizenship or permanent residency
- one page application signed by the applicant
- Link to application: http://store.usgs.gov/pass/access_pass_application.pdf
(Continued on page 2)