Special Artisan and Crafter Kodie Smith
Style of Art: Multi-Media
As told to us by her mom, Kristy
Kodie Smith, 22, is a multi-media artist. She currently specializes in paint pouring. “It’s fun to see what paint will do, and I enjoy using lots of bright colors and different tools” says Kodie.
How did you learn to do your craft?
I was always drawing, painting, and crafting. Then my mom and I took a class on paint pouring and it was a lot of fun. Who Taught you? Community Art Class, through the Max Higbee Center.
What is the biggest challenge you had to overcome to do your craft?
Learning to use the right colors together.
What inspired you to choose this type of craft?
It is fun to see what the paint does.
What do you like most (and dislike most) about your craft?
I like using lots of bright colors and using different tools. I dislike getting paint all over my hands.
Which art piece are you most proud of, and why?
My rainbow one, as the colors did not get too mixed up.
What are some of the other benefits you gained from doing your craft?
It helped with my motor skills and some communication in sharing my work.
You can purchase Kodie’s creations at:
- Person-Ventured Entrepreneurship: What Do You Know About Entrepreneurship
- Where to Go if Your Child Needs a Job or Help with Post High School Education
- Parenting Your Young Adult Through Their First Employment Experiences
- What Employers Can Do for Employees Whose Children Have Special Needs
- Labor Laws and Differently Abled Employees
- Why Volunteerism Matters for Individuals with Special Needs!
- Embracing Your Child’s Best Ways of Learning 12 Different Ways to Learn
- Group Homes: Can My Experience Help You?
- Financial Planning: For Those Who Are at the Starting Line
- Help Your Elementary School Youngster Learn About Work
- How Can My Child Be Independent?
- How to Find Your Special Child’s Spark?
- The Power of the Piggy Bank | Important Life Skills Teaching About Money Management
- Go Baby Go! Mobility & Sociability
- Green Jobs, Green Money!
You May Also Like
- Shining a Light on Sunflower Bakery Presented by Bus 52
- Peaceful Fruits: Paving The Way for Socially Good Partnerships
- Franky DiStefano a Vocation Success Story
- Panda’s Pantry Program
- Proud Moments: Matthew Shifrin Inspiring Lego for the Blind
- Calling all…. Engineers?
This post originally appeared on our November/December 2020 Magazine