Meet Mom Rachel Hurtado
Rachel, 33 lives in Colorado with her fiance Jeff McLaughlin. The two have been together for 12 years. She is currently attending National University (NU) to become a Board Certified Behavior Analyst to be able to help other autism children like her son. Rachael has two kids, Brylei, 12 and Owen, 8 who has special needs. Owen was diagnosed with brain cancer at 13 months, only showing signs of an enlarged head. At age 3 he was diagnosed with autism. He also has hydrocephalus.
10 Things to Know About Rachel:
1. I eat candy when I’m stressed.
2. My guilty pleasure is watching 90 day fiancé, and eating nachos.
3. My biggest challenge is finding a way to deal with panic attacks.
4. My personal motto is “Dance on tables or sit in the corner, life is divine chaos…either way life is happening.”
5. What I have learned about myself during the pandemic is I do not handle stress well.
6. “Me time” is watching a show and decompressing.
7. What is working best for me right now is just breathing and taking one day at a time.
8. One thing nobody knows about me is I overthink everything.
9. I am currently binge watching 90 day fiancé and Judge Judy.
10. We love to watch movies and play outside as a family.