Being United, Pampering, and Taking Care of Ourselves
#28: Being United, Pampering and Taking Care of Ourselves
[Click to Listen to Podcast]
No time for “me time,” pampering or taking care of yourself?
Julie Hornok, author of United In Autism: Finding Strength Inside the Spectrum says it like it is…we are united!! When we walk into a room of special needs moms, there is this underlying, understanding of “yeah, we’ve all been through it.”
In today’s podcast, Julie tells how she’s working to unite us all and bring inspirational speakers, pampering, and fun to us, the “special moms”, all around the world. Julie also tells us about what made her start taking better care of herself and the little tricks she’s figured out to incorporate into her daily routine. She reveals her secret “lunch hour” and a couple of things she does to get in her “me time” that doesn’t require much money, and don’t make her feel kind of sneaky and bad about it.
Together we are stronger!
Links mentioned in this episode:
United in Autism: Finding Strength Inside the Spectrum
A diagnosis of autism can rock a family’s world. The toll it takes on everyone involved can be one of isolation; a child who doesn’t respond to the world around them, a parent who gives dedication, patience and love often with no expressible love given back. It’s a messy equation with huge emotional and financial costs. As a mother of a daughter with autism, Julie Hornok has experienced her fair share of these parenting challenges, and now brings together thirty inspiring and heartfelt stories from parents raising children from all places on the spectrum and from all corners of the world. These mothers and fathers have experienced some of the worst of what this disorder can do, but in seeking help, they found it…and more. Now they pay it forward by sharing their accounts and giving back to the autism community. United in Autism: Finding Strength inside the Spectrum offers understanding, comfort and hope as well as global allies and strength to those who feel alone.
Be sure to use Code: UNITED7
This post contains affiliate links, which means Parenting Special Needs LLC, could receive a commission if you purchase using this link. We appreciate your support.
You May Also Like
- 11 Reasons Why You Should Try Mindfulness Meditation and How to Do It!
- Tips on Respite Strategies for Families Caring for Children with Special Needs
- How to Protect Your Mental Health During Coronavirus
- What Is Emotional Intelligence and Why Is It so Important?
- Tech for Developing Mental Strength for Life’s UPS and Downs
- Developing Your Own Network
- Date Night Ideas for Exhausted Parents
- Journal Writing Can Help You to Reconnect with Yourself
- Art Therapy: How It Works, the Benefits, How to Start
- Stay Mentally Healthy by Changing These Three Thoughts
- Where’s the RESPITE?
- Anxiety in Children and Adolescents
- Holiday Stress: 5 Ways to Reduce It