Learn How to Tap: Emotional Freedom Technique Video
Tapping is simple, painless, and you can apply it to yourself where and when you want. You begin by focusing on the negative emotion that is bothering you: a fear or anxiety, an unresolved problem, a limiting belief or bad memory, for example. While maintaining your mental focus on that issue, you tap using your fingertips into 10 energy points on your body, e.g. top of your head, between your eyebrows, under your chin. During the tapping you shift away from the negative emotion to state what you want instead.You can feel relief in five to ten minutes and longer sessions are helpful.
The video linked below will guide you.
Video Source: The Tapping Solution
As a parent, I was always seeking practices and approaches that were evidence-based. I wanted to know that there was a level of proof that it actually worked. There is mounting evidence that tapping is effective. Maybe that is why an estimated 10 million people worldwide have used tapping. In controlled studies, it has been shown to significantly reduce the symptoms associated with the following ailments and conditions:
• Depression, generalized anxiety and other psychological symptoms
• Physical pain
• Elevated heart rate
• Food cravings
• Public speaking anxiety
• Limiting beliefs in our unconscious mind
Paula Petry, PhD. Paula has her doctoral degree in special education from the University of Miami. Paula is the founder and honorary advisor of Parent to Parent of Miami. Paula attended Harvard’s Executive Leadership program and developed leadership programs for students and parents. She is a Light Body practitioner through the Four Winds Society and studied arts in medicine at the University of Florida, Shands Hospital.
You May Also Like
- Staying Calm While in the Chaos of the Storm
- Where’s the RESPITE?
- If I Were a Parent Today… Vocal Toning for the Modern Parent
- What Is Emotional Intelligence and Why Is It so Important?
- Tech for Developing Mental Strength for Life’s UPS and Downs
- 11 Reasons Why You Should Try Mindfulness Meditation and How to Do It!
- Why Me? Why My Child? Wisdom Found in the “Hero’s Journey”
- Reiki and Children with Learning Disabilities
- A Simple Yoga Exercise to Build Brain Power
- The Science of Happiness
- Journal Writing Can Help You to Reconnect with Yourself
- Art Therapy: How It Works, the Benefits, How to Start
- My Relaxing Escape
- Anxiety in Children and Adolescents
- 5 Steps to Help Your Child Manage Emotions
- Stress-Busting Strategies to Get You to Super Health
- Holiday Stress: 5 Ways to Reduce It
- Mental Health Is Not Something to Take for Granted: How to Manage Depression and Stress During the Holidays
This post originally appeared on our May/June 2016 Magazine