Do You Set High Expectations for Your Child with Special Needs?
Setting high expectations for your child with special needs
Today, I am talking with Reilly Pelkey, and she’s going to share with us about her son, Clayton, and about setting high expectations.
[Click to Listen to Podcast]
As Reilly puts it…
Get out of “protection” mode and get into “potential” mode.
Biggest Takeaways You Don’t Want to Miss:
- Setting expectations for your child.
- Are you sitting in protection mode?
- Find the correct motivation when reaching specific goals.
- Realizing your child’s ability to learn, but they need to be taught.
Related: Make sure to read this article: Setting and Achieving High Expectations
Related: [SPECIAL ISSUE]
Links mentioned in this episode:
- A Treasure Coast Driving School
- Dolphin Research Center
- Odyssey Expeditions
- Practiced Routines Positive Behavior Support Training
- Project Access
This post contains affiliate links, which means Parenting Special Needs LLC, receives a commission if you purchase using this link. We appreciate your support.
Help us to Help You!
If you found this podcast helpful? Please share it and spread the love.
- Setting and Achieving High Expectations
- What to Expect When Establishing Expectations
- Expectations: How Far Have We Come and What to Expect for the New School Year
- Avoiding Unmatched Expectations
- How to Get Free From Unrealistic Expectations of Motherhood