Taking a Collective Breath
Can you believe it? The school year is almost through, summer is officially on its way, and the year is flying by. This time of year is certainly a time to look around and try to catch our collective breath. So, in an effort to do just that, I would like to take my time to think, for a moment, about those who make a difference: the “everyday hero’s” who make a difference in the world. It often times goes unspoken so this is a wonderful opportunity to write it instead.
To our Mothers, it is after all going to be Mother’s Day in May, there is a tribute to our “Special” Mothers that acknowledges who you are and the strength you do possess. In June, it is our Fathers turn to be in the spotlight. We honor our Fathers as well. You make a difference with your presence and with your influence.
As the school year end approaches, many of you are wondering what to do…..go on a vacation or short getaway perhaps. If so, there are some wonderful tips on traveling with a special needs baby or small child. For those of you who are choosing to stay home, there is an very informative article on TOPSoccer and the impact, difference, and encouragement that they are providing. Also, since we are going to be entering the Hurricane Season during June, there are some very helpful, and healthy food choices during a Hurricane……we always want to be prepared even if no hurricane approaches.
Also, since this year IS flying by, it gave me an opportunity to realize that before you know it, the kids will be grown. So, then what? How many of us might take a look at our spouse and say “who are you?” or “how do we repair us?” We are excited about a new column called “Relationship Rescue” and it will allow you, our community, to ask questions about difficult situations that arise during a marriage and receive professional answers and advice. After all, the greatest everyday hero is……each of US!!
You May Also Like
- Date Nights At-Home with the One You Love
- Date Night Ideas for Exhausted Parents
- The Vows of Special Needs Parents
- How to Protect Your Mental Health During Coronavirus
- 11 Reasons Why You Should Try Mindfulness Meditation and How to Do It!
- Staying Calm While in the Chaos of the Storm
- What Is Emotional Intelligence and Why Is It so Important?
- The Science of Happiness
- Journal Writing Can Help You to Reconnect with Yourself
- Art Therapy: How It Works, the Benefits, How to Start
- Where’s the RESPITE?
- Respite: Take a Break to Recharge
- My Relaxing Escape
- Anxiety in Children and Adolescents
- 5 Steps to Help Your Child Manage Emotions
- Stress-Busting Strategies to Get You to Super Health
- Holiday Stress: 5 Ways to Reduce It
- Mental Health Is Not Something to Take for Granted: How to Manage Depression and Stress During the Holidays
- Tips to Make Valentine’s Day a Gift to All