Most Popular Gluten Free/Casein Free Products and Where to Find Them
What Are the Best Gluten Free/Casein Free Foods?
One question that I have been asked repeatedly over the past thirteen years is, “What are the best GFCF foods”? My son has been Gluten Free/Casein (dairy) Free GFCF/dye free/chemical free for that long, so, I have an idea or two!
Of course, no two people are the same and everyone has different likes and dislikes. Since writing my book and numerous articles, as well as being on TV, radio and being available to talk to parents online, I have a good idea of some of the favorite brands and products.
In the past thirteen years since, so much has changed. Many products had to be ordered online, or specialty stores had to be located. Now, more and more GFCF products and brands are showing up across America. Even typical grocery stores are carrying several lines of GFCF products.
Here is a list of some of the most popular and GFCF products for Breakfast, Lunch and Snacks just in time for going back to school. (remember to ALWAYS read labels first):
- Bread: Udi’s, Kinnikinnick, Canyon Bakehouse
- Bagels and Buns: Udi’s, Kinnikinnick
- Bread crumbs (Panko): Kinnikinnick
- Muffins: Udi’s
- Donuts: Katz
- Pasta: Trader Joe’s Tinkyada, DeBoles, Mrs.Leeper’s
- Pretzels: Ener-G, Glutino
- Cookies: Enjoy Life, Midel, Nana’s, Kinnikinnick
- Pies: Katz
- Cake/cookie mixes: Namaste
- Waffles: Van’s
- Pancakes: Trader Joe’s
- Cereal: Nature’s Path, EnviroKidz, Glutino
- Granola: Trader Joe’s
- Chicken nuggets: Ian’s, Coleman
- Hot Dogs: Applegate Farms
- Sausages: Applegate Farms, AmyLu (not all flavors are CF), Trader Joe’s (some), Aidells (not all are GF and some are not CF)
- Sliced meats: Applegate Farms, Boar’s Head
- Frozen meals: Ian’s, Amy’s, Blake’s
- Snack bars: Glutino, Van’s, Kind Bars, Lara Bars, Clif Nectar Bars
Many of these items can be purchased at our favorite grocery stores. For a list, please click here.
Helpful GFCF Articles
- Ditch The Chemicals Start The Year Off Healthy
- Where to Purchase Gluten Free Casein Free (GFCF) Foods and Some Favorite Brands
- Finding GFCF Baked Goods While You are Traveling
- GFCF Holiday Recipes and Hints on Eating Outside of the Home
- Getting Ready for Summer Fun: Being GFCF & Other Healthy Ideas
- Fall Means Pumpkin GFCF Recipes to Enjoy this Cozy Autumn Season
- GFCF/Chemical Free Holiday Breakfast or Brunch
- GFCF Holiday Cookie Recipes
- Preparing Ahead Before You Make GFCF Recipes
This post originally appeared on our July/August 2017 Magazine