Alex’s Success Story
Gaining confidence through the use of the iPad Mini
I have had great success in the work place environment due to my iPad mini. When I was working for Brookside Museum, my iPad mini played an instrumental role in my duties. My job was to take pictures of old, historical documents and store them to Dropbox, in order for a database to be created for future generations to study. My iPad mini made it easy to perform both tasks with ease and I got a ton of work done. It also helped me when I needed to email my work to my bosses who needed the pictures to create the database. I can say with confidence that without it, my job would have been harder and longer to do.
I, also, continue to have much success in other areas besides the work environment because of it. I have been able to increase my studying and preparation for my transition to college by allowing me to research my college, locating the bus route I will be taking, and setting up necessary meetings. The iPad mini has also helped me at home by allowing me to quickly find needed information for my friends and family. I wouldn’t have been nearly as successful as I am today without the help of the iPad mini.
Submitted by: Mark Giufre, M.S. Ed.
Curriculum/Instructional Technology Specialist
Technology Lead- Vocational Continuum Council
Follow up video from BridgingApps.org along with other success stories.
- Having a Voice!
- Autistic Teen Finds Inner Voice
- Patricia Moody’s PATH to Success
- Katie Meade is Fearless, Inspiring and Setting Records
- A Story of Inspiration: How Vernon Changed My Perception of Disability
You May Also Like
- An iPad for the Holidays Now What?
- Instacart App: Powerful Tool for Independence
- Interactive Technology May Be a Double-Edge Sword for Children
- Ipad Usage in the Special Needs Pre-School Classroom
- ‘Sit with Us’ App: I Know What It Is Like to Eat Alone
- Language and Literacy Learning: Success With Technology
- Life-Changing Apps for People with Disabilities
- Digital Safety: An Ongoing Conversation
- 5 Steps to Getting an iPad Covered by Insurance: A Mom’s Story of Success
- Smartphones and Special Needs Children: Technological Solutions to a Growing Problem