Advocating: What you need to know to become a better Advocate
Advocating: What you need to know to become a better advocate
Today, I am talking with you about becoming a good advocate starts with the ABC’s… and I remember it that way, too!!
[Click to Listen to Podcast]
In this podcast we’re going to start the conversation talking about:
1. Why should you learn how to be a better advocate?
2. What makes a good advocate?
3. What’s at STAKE if you don’t develop this skill?
4. Starting with two skills to be more effective
Related: The Politics of Special Education
Biggest Takeaways You Don’t Want to Miss:
- Know how the system works
- Learn about the unwritten rules
- Teachers often face many hardships
- Where funding comes from and how it may be used
- Advice and ways to work with your child’s teacher
Related: A Review…What is Special Education
As I like to say,…
“Becoming a good advocate starts with the ABC’s… and I remember it that way, too!!”
Actions that will Benefit my Child!
Other articles related to this episode:
- Know your Rights in the IEP Process:
What Do those Procedural Safeguards Really Mean?
- Basic Blueprint for Advocating for Your Child with Special Needs
- Whether it’s you First time or You’re a Pro: 10 things to Cover at an IEP Meeting
- The Importance of Parents and Professionals Partnering
- Pros & Cons The School Based vs. Independent Psychological Evaluation
- Pacer Center
- US Department of Education
- Center for Parent Information and Resources
Help us to Help You!
If you found this podcast helpful, please share it and spread the word.