Top 12 Gifts from the Toy Analyzer
Top 12 Gifts For 2016 from the Toy Analyzer
Toys are chosen for its therapeutic benefits. This is how I gauge the benefits and usefulness of toys/games. I analyze four key areas of sensory exploration, motor skills, cognitive benefits, and social components. The highlighted areas are the areas where a child can benefit from the toy/game.
The yellow highlights are the areas of development that would be benefited by playing with the toy. When it is white, the particular aspect/area is not included.
Dr. Frederick Covington is a pediatric occupational therapist, professor, award-winning inventor, author, and host of the “Analyze My Toy” show. His practice is guided by his motto of, “Treat the child, not the diagnosis”. www.OnTimePediatrics.com
This post contains affiliate links, which means Parenting Special Needs LLC, could receive a commission if you purchase using the links. We appreciate your support.
Do you have any mom approved gifts to add the list?
Do you have a product you would like to share with our readers? Please fill our form describing your product. We are happy to review your product. Visit https://www.parentingspecialneeds.org/submit/product/ for the form.
You May Also like These Gift Ideas
- 100 + “Mom Approved” Gifts for Kids with Special Needs
- 18 “Mom Approved” Gifts for Kids/Teens with Special Needs
- Holiday Gift Guide: Give Gifts That Fuel Creativity, Create Music and Challenge Your Child to Learn
- Special Resources: This Season Give the Gift of Knowledge
- Gift Guide from the Fitness Guy
- Gift Ideas for Those on Special Diets
This post originally appeared on our November/December 2016 Magazine