100 + “Mom Approved” Gifts for Kids with Special Needs
Buying gifts for a child or teen with special needs can prove challenging. As Moms, we have all struggled over the years to come up with gifts that our children can use and will be fun and exciting.
Our family and friends often seek guidance on what to buy our children. They want to buy them a useful gift, which means that we need to have a long list of suggestions to come up with each birthday or Holiday.
Julie from Have wheelchair Will Travel said it best,…
Every child is different in their level of ability, and I do find it hard to find age appropriate gifts. Although I strive to give my son, BJ, age appropriate gifts, I am conscious that there is no point in it being ‘appropriate’ if he cannot do it or get enjoyment from it. Keep in mind, it may take more time to buy a gift for a child with special needs, but the joy of seeing them playing and being able to use the gift is worth every minute of effort.
Here is our AWESOME List of over 100+ “MOM APPROVED” Gifts to help you this Holiday!
“Mom Approved” Gift Ideas
- Check out Julie’s Ultimate Gift Guide for people with special needs with over 100 ideas. – via Have Wheel Chair will Travel
- 17 “Mom-Approved” gifts for Kids with Special Needs. – via Parenting Special Needs Magazine
- 8 great gifts that are sure to please and you can give! via Parenting Special Needs Magazine
- Top 12 Gifts from the Toy Analyzer – by Dr. Frederick Covington
- Here are 9 Great Toddler & Preschooler Toys for Kids with Special Needs- via Parenting Special Needs Magazine
- Gifts For Kids And Teens With Disabilities: Holiday Guide. – via Love that Max
- Kids Favorite TOYS! gifts that make memories. – via Lekotek and Ableplay.org
- WOW, toys for the holidays and beyond! -via Parenting Special Needs Magazine
Book, Games and More
- Top 10 Picture Books Gift Recommendations + A Parent Resource Guide!
- Brain Games for the Season! by Make your Mark in Life Learning Center
- Here’s 10 Board Games that are Great for Special Needs Game Night! via The Mom Gene
- These Unusual Gifts Cost a Little and Please a Lot! by Barbara Sher
- Squatting Stuffers and Two minutes of movement via Autism Fitness
- Art supplies make great gifts, check out these cool ones. via Parenting Special Needs Magazine
- 18 Favorite Fidgets for this Holiday Season- via Friendship Circle blog
- Give Tools that promote Success- via Parenting Special Needs Magazine
- Gift Ideas for those on Special Diets– via Putting your kids first
- An annual list of Great Toys For Kids With Special Needs. – via Love that Max
Holiday Tech, Apps & Accessories
- Come bearing gifts and wearing them too! by Bridging apps
- Audiobooks, Apps & Accessories for the Holiday! via Bridgingapps
- Tech the Halls and transform screen time for sharing time via Bridgingapps
- List of Holiday App favorites. -via Bridgingapps
We hope this list helps you find some great gifts for your children! Have a Wonderful Holiday!!
Subscribe to our free email newsletter now to access our free magazine!