How to become an asset for your child’s growth and development in minutes?
Are you a busy parent of a toddler but want to impact your child’s growth and development? Well, you can in minutes a day.
[Click to Listen to Podcast]
If you are you a busy parent of a toddler? Maybe you don’t have much time, but you really need to impact your child’s growth and development, listen up… because
Today, we asked Dr. Cherina Williams to join us. She is a licensed speech and language pathologist who specializes in strategies to enhance the early intervention experience for parents.
I’ve asked her to join us today to talk about:
- What should families do if they suspect their toddler is developing differently?
- How can parents of differently-wired children develop a strong relationship with them?
- How families can use the connect-grow-learn model to enhance relationships with their child who is developing differently?
Dr. Cherina Williams’s 2022 toy selection for the EI population can be found here. She provides a rationale for each toy, and each toy she selected follows specific parameters:
- Promotes receptive and expressive language
- Promotes togetherness
- Multifunctional in use or application
She said Sensory toys are the new thing. With her selection of toys, she tried to avoid “things” but really analyze what would stand the test of time. We think she did that and more.