Cooking With Kids: Scary Apple Faces
Scary Apple Faces
Encouraging Speech & Creating Yum!
This recipe is a fun way to eat a healthy, after school snack and a chance to get creative. There is no right or wrong way to do it, so enjoy making it and eating it!
1 apple (any kind you like)
2 tablespoons of peanut butter
7 – 8 chocolate chips
Parent: Cut the apple in half and core out the seeds.
Kiddo: Spread the peanut butter on the cut, flat surface of the apple. Arrange the chocolate chips to make a fun face and use the other half of the apple to cut out parts for the face.
Speech and Language Time:
This could be a great activity to do with a kiddo who needs to work on pragmatic (social) language skills. Have them create the happy face and ask them what makes someone happy? What are three things that make him/her happy? Use it as a time to talk about feelings and make different faces, have them guess what emotion you are trying to display.
- Cooking with Kids: Peanut & Apple Butter French Toast Bake
- Cooking With Kids: Spooktacular BOO BARK Breakfast Yogurt
- Cooking with Kids: Black Bean Brownies
- Cooking With Kids: Silly Creatures
- Cooking with Kids: Strawberry Heads
- Cooking With Kids: Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
- Fall Means Pumpkin GFCF Recipes to Enjoy this Cozy Autumn Season
- How to Make Halloween Fun During Covid-19
You May Also Like
- The Scary Truth about Halloween Candy
- Alternative Sweets for Your Child During the Holidays
- 10 Halloween Safety Tips for Children with Special Needs
- 5 Ways to Help Children with Sensory Challenges Participate in Halloween Festivities
- 7 Easy No-Carve Pumpkin Decorating Ideas
- Create your own Disguises for Halloween
- Are You My Mummy?