Did You Know About the Independent Living Center?
Do you know that every state has an “Independent Living Center” (ILC) that can assist families with transition planning, information and referral, peer support and independent living skills trainings?
Visit the Independent Living Center at www.ilcenter.org
- Group Homes: Can My Experience Help You?
- When Is the Right Time to Transition from Your Home to a Group Home?
- Preparing for the First Apartment: Beyond Home Furnishings and Domestic Supplies
- How I Did It Evaluate and Select a Group Home
- Beresford West: Improved Living Accommodation Work!
You May Also Like
- Independence and Self-Advocacy
- College Bound: A Journey to Independence
- Apps for Supporting Independence: The Transition to Adulthood
- What Are Pre-Employment Skills and How Does My Child Get Them?
- Where to Go if Your Child Needs a Job or Help with Post High School Education
- Parenting Your Young Adult Through Their First Employment Experiences
- Helping Your Child Be An Independent College Student
This post originally appeared on our July/August 2013 Magazine