Are you STUCK in survival mode?
Are you stuck in Survival Mode? Feel Beautiful and Alive Again: Discover how to rejuvenate your body
In this episode, we’re talking with our guest, Leslie Gjonbalaj. She’s a registered dietitian, rejuvenation and weight loss coach that specializes in helping women who have been through a challenging time. She believes in a rejuvenation approach vs. deprivation approach to eating, living and feeling beautiful again.
[Click to Listen to Podcast]
Perhaps you simply feel like you have been operating in survival mode; has your life shifted you into survival mode in order to face (and get through) challenges and transitions? Have you forgotten about yourself…your own needs…your own self-care? Have you sacrificed enough?
Can YOU relate to any of this? If so, you’re in luck because today’s guest, Leslie G (“G” for short), is going to share how she figured it all out, found freedom from food, and lost (and kept off) 30 pounds through her rejuvenation approach…not deprivation. Let’s face it: You don’t need one more thing in your life that has you depriving yourself and doing without. You need to replenish.
Leslie shares some of her strategies that will not only make a big, permanent, difference but feel natural and easy to do.
Biggest Takeaways You Don’t Want to Miss:
- Why a Rejuvenation Approach and NOT deprivation?
- How can you rejuvenate and lose weight?
- How your past can keep you stuck.
- Introduction to Conscious Eating
Conscious Eating is NOT… (brief list)
- A diet plan or menu plan
- About counting calories and points (Isn’t that exhausting?)
- A list of “fattening” foods or sample meals, or foods you “should” or “shouldn’t” eat.
- Exercise as a means of weight control – exercising to keep calories “burned off” or the practice of overeating and then relying on exercise to get rid of the calories. This will only work temporarily and will, more often than not, lead to failure.
Conscious eating IS… (brief list)
- Learning how to listen to the inherent wisdom of the body
- Learning how to eat only when you are hungry and stopping when you are comfortable.
- An opportunity for you to melt into your natural shape at a pace which is natural for your body – and it keeps you there.
- The process of eliminating mind interference and giving your body the chance to express its natural potential.
Why rejuvenation tactics work better and are more enjoyable:
-It’s more natural.
-It rejuvenates the body.
-It activates the body’s healing response.
-It’s enjoyable and sustainable.
– trying to change vs. turning attention to the present
– listening to the mind vs. listening to your hunger level
Common ways the past pops up:
– Past experiences – distinguishing whether the past is driving your choices and what you actually want/need in the present moment
– Automatic reactions – “It’s 6 pm, it’s dinnertime! (although you’re not hungry), “It’s after dinner, it must be time for dessert!”
– Past ideas – “Mom says clean your plate!” or “You MUST eat breakfast!”
– Past failures – “I’ve tried so many times! I’m a failure,” or “I really blew it again!”
How to deal with the past:
– The art and science of practicing “amnesia” and making decisions based on the present.
The good news is, you can retrain your body and mind to see the choices you do have
by practicing conscious eating habits that get you out of your head and into your body’s knowing.
Links mentioned in this episode: