DJ Successful Artist with Autism
DJ is using his life and his artwork to spread a very powerful message…
All those with Autism, Disabilities and special needs can make a great and awesome difference in this world!!!! “Those with autism and disabilities are wonderful people”, said Svoboda. “It’s just sad that some people think they can’t do anything. But that is absolutely not true.”
DJ Svoboda is a living example of making a difference in this world. He has every right to be proud. His doodling and sketching has blossomed into a full-time art career. His very first Imagifriends book, a colorful children’s book he wrote, has been published.
D.J. began his journey with Autism when he was diagnosed at the age of three with Autism Spectrum Disorder with Psychomotor Retardation. Growing up with Autism has presented many challenges. Some of his most difficult times were during his school age years. He first created an imaginary land more than eight years ago, as a way of coping with high school bullies.
“I used to do sketching and doodling just for fun”, said Svoboda. “But then when I started high school at Cary High School later that year, I decided it was time to get serious”. From his experiences, he began to create My Imagiville. My Imagiville is the home of the bright colorful characters he draws called, The Imagifriends. The Imagifriends are a big, wonderful, and happy family who care for and support one another. In Imagiville, no one is ever picked on or mistreated in any way. Each Imagifriend has a job to do and they all work together. Some Imagifriends have Autism or other disabilities, but, they are accepted just the way they are. The Imagifriends teach several important lessons: first, that even those with Autism are very wonderful special people that can accomplish their dreams and goals and help make this world a better place. Second, that as long as someone has a good heart, it doesn’t matter what they look like. I want to use my art to help encourage others that have, or know someone who has Autism.
Other Art Projects/ Accomplishments:
- He published a children’s book and a coloring book.
- His creatures have been featured on the covers of Pennsylvania’s “Autism Globe” magazine and “Perth’s Child,” a parenting magazine in Australia.
- He’s providing art for the Autism Society of North Carolina’s holiday card fundraiser.
- He’s creating a mascot for the Miracle League of the Triangle.
- DJ also said “he has recently become a public speaker, too”.
DJ has also graciously agreed to create the Autism Awareness Sign featured in this article to help raise awareness and money for autism. This original artwork is created in DJ’s Imagiville style and will go to the highest bidder. Starting bid is $75.00. A portion of the sale will be donated to the Autism Help Network to help others with Autism.
Advice from DJ’s mom, Cindi:“ As far as advice, take one day at a time. Remember that these children are a gift from the Lord, and never give up on them because you never know what they can accomplish with your full devotion and love”.
You can learn more about DJ at https://djandtheimagifriends.com/.
- Person-Ventured Entrepreneurship: What Do You Know About Entrepreneurship
- Where to Go if Your Child Needs a Job or Help with Post High School Education
- Parenting Your Young Adult Through Their First Employment Experiences
- What Employers Can Do for Employees Whose Children Have Special Needs
- Embracing Your Child’s Best Ways of Learning 12 Different Ways to Learn
- Financial Planning: For Those Who Are at the Starting Line
- Help Your Elementary School Youngster Learn About Work
- How Can My Child Be Independent?
- How to Find Your Special Child’s Spark?
- Peaceful Fruits: Paving The Way for Socially Good Partnerships
You May Also Like
- Shining a Light on Sunflower Bakery Presented by Bus 52
- Labor Laws and Differently Abled Employees
- Franky DiStefano a Vocation Success Story
- Panda’s Pantry Program
- Proud Moments: Matthew Shifrin Inspiring Lego for the Blind
- Special Artisan and Crafter Austin Bruder
- Special Artisan and Crafter Kodie Smith
- Special Artisan and Crafter Lila Morrow
- Special Artisan and Crafter Adam Flasterstein
- Calling all…. Engineers?