Holiday “Shared Enjoyment” Dr. Seuss Camera – Grinch Edition
“Shared Enjoyment” Dr. Seuss Camera
Inspired by the current article “An iPad for the Holidays – Now What”? from BridgingApps. The article mentions that one of the most gratifying ways they see adults using an iPad with their children is by engaging in “shared enjoyment.” Just as you play with your child using traditional toys, taking turns on a game using the iPad is enjoyable for caregivers and children. Such interactions can help teach vital skills of turn-taking, social skills, language development, attention to task, and patience.
Well, we took BridgingApps up on their suggestion to make a holiday card that we could email to loved ones by using the super creative app Dr. Seuss Camera – Grinch Edition. Let me tell you… we had so much fun taking the photos and making the cards; there was much “shared enjoyment” between my daughter and myself.
In fact, my daughter liked the cards so much, she asked if we could print them out to give to her teachers and therapists. So for the cost of $1.99, plus ink and paper, we have seven cards. Tip: I email the images to myself, downloaded to my computer, placed the images in word a program and printed on cardstock. As and added bonus, my daughter is now able to practice writing skills as she writes a message and addresses the envelopes.
The best part was later in the day… when my daughter came up to me and said “Mom give me a high-five, I had fun with you today” (“shared enjoyment priceless”).
“Dr. Seuss Camera – The Grinch Edition” iPhone App Demo
Video courtesy YouTube/Oceanhouse Media
Related: Grinch Popcorn
- The Cutest Elf on the Shelf!
- Tips for Photographing Kids with Special Needs
- How to Make the Holidays Memorable During COVID
- Happy Holidays How to Make a Video Holiday Card
- 100 + “Mom Approved” Gifts for Kids with Special Needs
- 9 Great Toddler & Preschooler Toys for Kids with Special Needs
- How to be Fabulous Grandparents to a Child with Special Needs
- Socialize Successfully: A Few Simple Tips to Help You During the Holiday Season
- Holiday Help Things I Found to Be Helpful!
- Tech Fun Favorite Holiday Apps
- Tech the Halls and Transform Screen Time to Sharing Time
- Gifts and Giving: Four Moms Share How They Celebrate the Holidays
- Meet Sarah Cook from Cookwire Photography