Proven Strategies for Supporting Your Child’s Behavior
Using Practiced Routines to Improve Behavior
Today, I’m excited to be speaking with Dr. Meme Heineman about “Proven strategies to support your child’s behavior”
she’s developed a program to help us (parents) implement these strategies.
[Click to Listen to Podcast]
I LOVE Meme’s passion….and we share a common belief…
As Meme says…
“Parents are the single most important resource in their children’s lives and empowering them is the path to achieving the best possible outcomes and quality of life for their children.”
In case you have not been formally introduced to Meme, she has been sharing her knowledge with Parenting Special Needs Magazine for over nine years. I am sure you have read her work if you have been a subscriber.
Meme Heineman has a Ph.D. in Special Education and is nationally certified as a behavior analyst. She has published a variety of articles AND three books including “Parenting with Positive Behavior Support: A Practical Guide to Resolving Your Child’s Difficult Behavior.”
Meme’s here to share with us the behavioral intervention program “Practiced Routines” she’s put together to not just improve a child’s behavior, but also to improve family life as well.
Podcast Takeaways You Don’t Want to Miss: Benefits and Strategies that you’ll gain
- Help identifying which routines are most important to your family
- Ways to record and track your child’s behavior
- Once you understand the principles taught in this program, you can implement strategies on your own (without having to rely on a professional)
A quick bonus for listening: “Behavior Plan At A Glance” worksheet and access to the Special Behavior Issue.
Check out these podcast highlights:
- How to really pay attention to your child’s behavior to figure out what’s causing the routine to go well, and what things are creating meltdowns [4:05]
- ABC recording explained [04:35]
- Case study: A family that had stopped going places and how using these strategies helped them. [07:20]
- Using a Behavior Plan at a Glance. [13:14]
Links mentioned in this episode:
Related: [SPECIAL ISSUE]
- Practiced Routines DVD Positive Behavior Support Training Videos for Parents and Professionals
- Positive Behavior Support for Parents Program
- Going Places Improving Participation in Community Activities
This post contains affiliate links, which means Parenting Special Needs LLC, receives a commission if you purchase using this link. We appreciate your support.
Related: Identifying Goals
Help us to Help You!
If you found this podcast helpful? Please share it and spread the love.