Changing the Face of Beauty
“Changing the Face of Beauty” Campaign
Changing the Face of Beauty” is a campaign developed between two friends; Katie Driscoll and Steve English. The purpose of the campaign, is to educate, encourage and assist large and small advertisers to use individuals with disabilities in their everyday advertising. We feel this will encourage acceptance of individuals of all abilities. It is important for everyone to see themselves in our country’s national advertising campaigns. In 9 short months, we have grown a gallery of over 175 beautiful models, world wide, of all abilities and they can be viewed at changingthefaceofbeauty.org.
Our hope, with over 20 photographers, world wide, donating their time to this cause, is to provide a gallery of images representing young adults, and children who happen to have a disability. The gallery showcase is for company owners and advertisers to view and select models for their individual campaigns. We are not a modeling agency. We are an advocating group hoping to assist by providing talent and answering questions about why it is important for the disability community to be included in everyday advertising initiatives.
Be part of the change
If you would like your child, or loved, one to be a part of “Changing the Face of Beauty”, please email one professional picture to email@example.com. Please include their name, age and email in the subject line. We are looking forward to growing our gallery!
You can also check them out on facebook
For more information visit à changingthefaceofbeauty.org
- Tips for Inclusion
- Social Club Extends Inclusion Beyond the Classroom
- Ethan’s Alternative Tomorrow: A PATH Toward Social Inclusion
- Notes from the Mama Bear Diary: A Tale of Summer Inclusion
- Fitness Activities: A Gateway Towards Introducing Social Skills
- Disabilities Shouldn’t Define Individuals Awareness and Dialogue Promote Acceptance
You May Also Like
- Angels on Stage
- Unified Sports: A Great Way to Start Inclusion in a Fun and Positive Way
- Special Olympics Is Truly Special and Much More Than Just Sports
- Celebrities With Disabilities That Turned Their Dreams Into Attainable Goals
- Back-to-School Easy Dressing that’s Adaptive, Functional & Fashionable Too!
- “Person-Ventured” Entrepreneurship Series
- Shining a Light on Sunflower Bakery Presented by Bus 52
- The YMCA First Special Needs Summer Program