Slow Cooker Chicken Noodle Soup and a Scoop Easy Recipe
Make Cooking Fun and Educational: Quick and Easy Slow Cooker Chicken Noodle Soup
This dish warms your heart and feeds your soul. Slow cooker chicken soup and a scoop is quick, easy, and made with familiar, kid friendly ingredients! A few minutes 20mins or less of prep and throw it all in the slow cooker and you have a meal ready to go. We like to add a “scoop of mashed potatoes” to top of our chicken noodle soup. Try it!!
To learn how to make recipe
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 3 large diced carrots
- 3 stalks diced celery
- 1/2 cup minced onion
- 2 cups diced leftover chicken
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tbs fresh garlic
- 1 tsp rosemary
- 2 bay leaves
- ¼ tsp start with, then salt to taste
- 1 cup Ditalini pasta noodles (tiny tubeshaped pasta)
- 1½ unsweetened cashew milk
- *Optional add a scoop of cooked mashed potatoes to bowl of soup before serving. The recipe works with instant or real mashed potatoes.
Prep and Directions:
KITCHEN APPLIANCES & TOOLS NEEDED: Slow cooker, Pan, Ladle, Ice cream scoop and Kitchen timer.
Prep time: Less than 20 minutes cutting up vegetables and measuring out spices.
Cook time: 4 hours (3 hours without noodles or cashew milk)
- Place all ingredients other than noodles and cashew milk into the slow cooker, and cook on high for 3 hours (set kitchen timer for 3 hours).
- After 3 hours of cooking in the slow cooker, add noodles and almond milk and cook for one hour longer.
- Add salt to taste.
- Remove bay leaves.
- Ladle hot soup into a bowl.
- Add a scoop of mashed potatoes to each bowl of soup before serving and enjoy.
Tip: You can be boiling raw potatoes, while the soup cooks for about 20 minutes or make instant according to the package.
Eat! Talk! Enjoy!
(Continued on page 2)
Subscribe to our free email newsletter now to access our free magazine!