Cooking With Kids: Frozen Caterpillar
Encouraging Speech & Creating Yum! Frozen Caterpillar
(makes two caterpillars):
- 1 wooden skewer
- 10-15 grapes
- 2 golden raisins
Kiddo: Place 5-6 grapes on each skewer. Once done, place the skewers in a small bag and place into the freezer.
Kiddo: The next day, take the grapes from the freezer.
Parent: Cut two raisins in half.
Kiddo: Push the open end of the raisin into the “head of the caterpillar.” It should have no issues sticking, since the grapes are so cold and the gooey part of the raisin just sticks on. Add the other “eye”. Do the same for the other caterpillar.
Cold and Hot… time to talk about the things we eat or touch, or the places we go that are cold or hot. Some examples of questions could include:
– Where do you put food to stay cold?
– Where do you put food to make it hot?
– What foods do we eat cold?
– What foods do we eat hot?
Post below and let us know what you think of “Foodie” fun for kids.
- Cooking With Kids: Grape-sicles
- Cooking With Kids: Egg-Sicles
- Getting Ready for Summer Fun: Being GFCF & Other Healthy Ideas
- Spring Break Fun 7 Recipes to Make Together
- Doug’s out of the Classroom “Sweet Tooth” Rules to Follow This Summer
- Cool Rules: Preventing Heat Stress In Special Needs Children