- This event has passed.
Workshop:Reducing Anxiety and Disruptive Behavior in the Classroom
February 23 @ 8:30 am - 3:30 pm ESTfree
Honor Ridge Academy has recruited Jessica Minahan, M.Ed, BCBA, a behavior analyst, special educator, school consultant and author of ‘The Behavior Code’, to present a comprehensive workshop, Reducing Anxiety and Disruptive Behavior in the Classroom, for parents, educators, CMO staff, BCBAs and CST members.
Attendees will leave knowing:
- The impact of anxiety on behavior and learning
- Why some students seek negative attention
- 10 questions to ask prior to prescribing a strategy or an intervention
- How to reduce oppositional behavior
- How to teach initiation, persistence, and help-seeking skills
- How to develop and use self-monitoring systems
This workshop will be held on February 23, 2018 from 9:00 am – 3:30 pm. Registration begins at 8:30. The workshop will take place at Honor Ridge Academy’s campus, 342 Madison Hill Rd., Clark, NJ. This workshop is offered as an outreach service to the education and disability community in and around Clark, New Jersey. There is no cost for the workshop. Professionals can earn 5.5 CEUs. Registration is required by emailing Valerie Fornelius, email@example.com .