- This event has passed.
Respite or Foster Care Provider Orientation
February 17 @ 10:00 am - 11:30 am MSTFree
RESPITE OR FOSTER CARE PROVIDER
Do you believe that your gifts and talents lie in helping others? We have a need for caregivers who are willing to be trained, who can work with children, teens or adults.
Respite Care Provider
Respite care means giving a family a break, or giving a caregiver a chance to regroup and reassess. The break is provided by you, either in your home, or in the individual’s home. Our respite opportunities are varied, and we would work with you to determine what program(s) best work for you. The background of the individuals in need may be a physical or developmental disability, social and emotional challenges, and they may be in need of a time away from an escalating situation.
Compensation is available and based on level of care.
Basic Requirements for Respite Care Providers:
• Caring and concerning ability to relate to others and their specific situations
• Professional skills and demeanor
• Ability to work with the agency and with other members of the individual/family team
• Ability to write reports and document daily events
• Flexibility to work with crisis respite situations as well as for planned situations
Foster Care Provider
Colorado is facing a major shortage of foster parents! A study shows the state needs 1,200 more foster families within the next two years. Nearly 10,000 children spent time in foster care last year. Whether you are single or married, a professional, a retiree, or a homemaker, you can become a foster parent if you believe that a safe, caring, and nurturing family environment is essential to the health and well-being of every child. Our agency will provide you with the tools and skills you need to succeed as a foster parent, including coordination with professional staff and educators to ensure your success, comprehensive disability-specific training and medical supports including on-call crisis support. Compensation based on level of care.
Basic Requirements for Foster Care Providers:
• Experience in working with or caring for children
• Willing to be trained and supervised
• Provide a safe, stable and nurturing home
• Good communication skills and the ability to develop intervention and crisis skills
• Influencing and teaching youth progress in their daily living
• Willing to work with a professional team
• At least 21 years old, single or married
• Flexible accommodating schedule & self supporting
Come join us to learn more about becoming a Respite or Foster Care Provider. Informative sessions will answer questions, discuss the application process, certification and qualifications.
10:00am – 11:30am
2/17/18 | 3/24/18 | 4/21/18
Special Kids Special Families
Adult Services facility
3450 N Nevada Avenue, Suite 110
Colorado Springs, CO 80907