Sammy is a friendly and affectionate 19-year-old. A puzzle master, Sammy enjoys the challenge of assembling puzzles and building structures. He also has an extensive and organized DVD collection, and he’d love to entertain you with scenes he has memorized from Star Wars and other favorite films. Sammy also enjoys sports, with a special love of basketball; in fact, he is a valued member of his school’s Special Olympics basketball team. Since he is such a big fan of Star Wars, Sammy’s dream would be trip to see Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Disney. He also likes walks in the park and any activities that take him outside. His pleasant personality makes it easy for Sammy to get along with both peers and adults, but he does have a fear of dogs. Sammy is open to all types of family compositions and would especially thrive with a family who is active, attentive, and patient. He would love to watch movies with a family and would even like to help go shopping for groceries!
Sammy is just one of hundreds of children who wait for families to adopt them. You can meet more children on the Adoption Center’s website www.adopt.org
You May Also Like
- Family: Where Life Begins & Love Never Ends
- The Puppy – A Story from Chicken Soup for the Soul
- Handling Your Child’s Diagnosis: Six Things Parents Should Do For Themselves
- How Do You Talk to Your Child About Their Diagnosis?
- 8 Ways to be a Great Advocate For Your Family Member With Special Needs
- Coping with the Life You Never Imagined
- Developing Your Own Network
- Miracle Babies What You Need to Know
- I Do Not like Being a Special Needs Parent and That’s OK
- Dad’s Emotional Video Defending Down Syndrome
This post originally appeared on our September/October 2020 Magazine