The best Christmas gift anyone could give l7-year-old Raymear is a family that will love him forever. This affectionate, friendly young man, who has Down syndrome, is fully mobile, but developmentally delayed. He enjoys his IPAD and computer; for fun he swims and dances. He greets those he knows with a hug and a smile and calls out their names. Raymear is making rapid strides, but a loving and committed family will make all the difference in the way he grows up.
Raymear is just one of hundreds of children who wait for families to adopt them. You can meet more children on the Adoption Center’s website www.adopt.org
You May Also Like
- Family: Where Life Begins & Love Never Ends
- The Puppy – A Story from Chicken Soup for the Soul
- Handling Your Child’s Diagnosis: Six Things Parents Should Do For Themselves
- How Do You Talk to Your Child About Their Diagnosis?
- 8 Ways to be a Great Advocate For Your Family Member With Special Needs
- Coping with the Life You Never Imagined
- Developing Your Own Network
- Miracle Babies What You Need to Know
- I Do Not like Being a Special Needs Parent and That’s OK
- Dad’s Emotional Video Defending Down Syndrome
This post originally appeared on our November/December 2015 Magazine