Known for his smile and infectious giggle, Nelson is a very sweet and friendly teenager. He enjoys crafts, games, and watching his favorite TV shows. He is quite creative and imaginative and enjoys coloring, drawing, building with LEGO and acting out action-sequences from the Power Rangers. Nelson likes learning, made the transition from in-person school to virtual and back smoothly, and says that his favorite subjects are math and reading. Nelson also enjoys sports such as basketball and football and, like so many, dreams of becoming a professional player. When he is watching sports, the Eagles are his team to cheer on. He is typically an upbeat person who enjoys being given tasks to do to assist those around him. He does like animals, especially cats. His wishes are to have lots of toys, to be able to keep in contact with his brother and to have a family to live with forever.
Nelson is just one of hundreds of children who wait for families to adopt them. You can meet more children on the Adoption Center’s website www.adopt.org.
You May Also Like
- Family: Where Life Begins & Love Never Ends
- The Puppy – A Story from Chicken Soup for the Soul
- Handling Your Child’s Diagnosis: Six Things Parents Should Do For Themselves
- How Do You Talk to Your Child About Their Diagnosis?
- 8 Ways to be a Great Advocate For Your Family Member With Special Needs
- Coping with the Life You Never Imagined
- Developing Your Own Network
- Miracle Babies What You Need to Know
- I Do Not like Being a Special Needs Parent and That’s OK
- Dad’s Emotional Video Defending Down Syndrome
This post originally appeared on our May/June 2021 Magazine