Jarrod is a kind-hearted young man (20) who goes out of his way to help others; his broad smile and gentle eyes will be the highlight of your day. Jarrod is very sociable and loves to wave and give high-fives and he uses a communication device to help him speak. He loves action movies and playing outdoors. He especially loves playing UNO and rooting for the New York Yankees.
Jarrod craves one-on-one time with adults and also looks forward to family activities such at a trips to baseball games, going out to eat or family game night. Although he doesn’t currently live with any, Jarrod likes both dogs and cats. Jarrod would like to experience what it is like to be part of a loving family, and he has much love and kindness to share.
Jarrod is just one of hundreds of children who wait for families to adopt them. You can meet more children on the Adoption Center’s website www.adopt.org.
You May Also Like
- Family: Where Life Begins & Love Never Ends
- The Puppy – A Story from Chicken Soup for the Soul
- Handling Your Child’s Diagnosis: Six Things Parents Should Do For Themselves
- How Do You Talk to Your Child About Their Diagnosis?
- 8 Ways to be a Great Advocate For Your Family Member With Special Needs
- Coping with the Life You Never Imagined
- Developing Your Own Network
- Miracle Babies What You Need to Know
- I Do Not like Being a Special Needs Parent and That’s OK
- Dad’s Emotional Video Defending Down Syndrome
This post originally appeared on our July/August 2021 Magazine