James would love to live on a farm! It’s easy for 15-year-old James to describe his dream day. It’s the one where he finds a family to adopt him. His ideal family would live on a farm where they could all enjoy outdoor activities, where James could take care of animals and perhaps have older siblings.
Maybe they could go fishing with him-fresh water fishing is his passion, but he wouldn’t mind experiencing saltwater fishing too. James would love to spend a day on a lake or a pond with his fishing pole. If there is none at hand, he might be found on a basketball court shooting hoops. One of his ambitions is to be “the best basketball player ever.” Playing football with friends isn’t far behind.
Like many teenagers, James, who is in tenth grade, is a gamer with a new interest in card games. He’s happy to teach any potential players. Then, there’s music—James enjoys classic rock, country and hip-hop, especially Led Zeppelin.
James’s social worker describes him as a kind and helpful young man, eager to show off his cooking skills to a new family. When he grows up, he wants to be a policeman.
Having a family will make all the difference in his future. He needs a family to give him guidance, structure, and lots of love.
James is just one of hundreds of children who wait for families to adopt them. You can meet more children on the Adoption Center’s website www.adopt.org
You May Also Like
- Family: Where Life Begins & Love Never Ends
- The Puppy – A Story from Chicken Soup for the Soul
- Handling Your Child’s Diagnosis: Six Things Parents Should Do For Themselves
- How Do You Talk to Your Child About Their Diagnosis?
- 8 Ways to be a Great Advocate For Your Family Member With Special Needs
- Coping with the Life You Never Imagined
- Developing Your Own Network
- Miracle Babies What You Need to Know
- I Do Not like Being a Special Needs Parent and That’s OK
- Dad’s Emotional Video Defending Down Syndrome
This post originally appeared on our March/April 2020 Magazine