Being 9 years old, Jackson is constantly laughing, snuggling, or playing, and those around him consider him a “ray of sunshine.” It’s impossible to have a bad day when Jackson is around, with his bright, infectious smile. He lights up while he’s participating in outdoor activities, especially adventures in the park or playground. Indoors; he loves to cuddle up with a good movie and can keep himself busy with his favorite toys. Jackson is progressing well in school, and he is cherished by each of his teachers. Enthusiastic and determined, he doesn’t let any hurdles hold him back.
Jackson’s sweet manner has an impact on everyone he meets, and he deserves the unconditional love of a family. The ideal home for him would provide the care and advocacy he needs to flourish. He would love older siblings, pets, and especially a family who can cook his favorite foods – baked ziti and cinnamon rolls. With his endearing smiles and giggles, Jackson would bring limitless joy and affection to any home.
Jarrod is just one of hundreds of children who wait for families to adopt them. You can meet more children on the Adoption Center’s website www.adopt.org.
You May Also Like
- Family: Where Life Begins & Love Never Ends
- The Puppy – A Story from Chicken Soup for the Soul
- Handling Your Child’s Diagnosis: Six Things Parents Should Do For Themselves
- How Do You Talk to Your Child About Their Diagnosis?
- 8 Ways to be a Great Advocate For Your Family Member With Special Needs
- Coping with the Life You Never Imagined
- Developing Your Own Network
- Miracle Babies What You Need to Know
- I Do Not like Being a Special Needs Parent and That’s OK
- Dad’s Emotional Video Defending Down Syndrome
This post originally appeared on our July/August 2021 Magazine