Corey has a wide smile that lights up the room. This 16-yearold describes himself as “smart, funny, and happy” and others agree, adding that he is kind, cheerful and fun to be around. Corey’s favorite subjects are math, English, science, and history. Corey is meticulous with both his schoolwork and the with the drawings he creates. He would like to go to college or art school, depending on which career he chooses; current possibilities are cosmetologist, photographer, or veterinarian. Corey is also athletic likes to play soccer and basketball. With his friends he likes to play Uno, Skip-Bo, watch movies, swim at the YMCA, and go to zipline and other outdoor adventures. After all that fun, Corey enjoys food and especially likes homemade desserts. Corey was born deaf and is fluent in American Sign Language and will need at least one parent who is also fluent.
November is National Adoption Awareness Month celebrating families created through adoption! Corey is just one of hundreds of children who wait for families to adopt them. You can meet more children on the Adoption Center’s website www.adopt.org
You May Also Like
- Family: Where Life Begins & Love Never Ends
- The Puppy – A Story from Chicken Soup for the Soul
- Handling Your Child’s Diagnosis: Six Things Parents Should Do For Themselves
- How Do You Talk to Your Child About Their Diagnosis?
- 8 Ways to be a Great Advocate For Your Family Member With Special Needs
- Coping with the Life You Never Imagined
- Developing Your Own Network
- Miracle Babies What You Need to Know
- I Do Not like Being a Special Needs Parent and That’s OK
- Dad’s Emotional Video Defending Down Syndrome
This post originally appeared on our November/December 2020 Magazine