This 12-year-old has the energy and smile that can light up a room! He enjoys meeting new people and loves to interact with those around him. To release any extra energy, he can be found playing outside or building with blocks. One of his favorite activities is playing with various tactile items, his current favorites are string and anything soft. Christian feeds off consistent encouragement and a structured routine, and he is quick to pick up new things to try first-hand. He also enjoys going for long car rides so he can listen to music and look out the windows. His ideal family would need to be supportive and committed to providing Christian with a structured and nurturing homelife to ensure that he continues to learn and thrive. Christian gets along with other children very well and would be happy to have siblings.
Christian is just one of hundreds of children who wait for families to adopt them. You can meet more children on the Adoption Center’s website www.adopt.org.
You May Also Like
- Family: Where Life Begins & Love Never Ends
- The Puppy – A Story from Chicken Soup for the Soul
- Handling Your Child’s Diagnosis: Six Things Parents Should Do For Themselves
- How Do You Talk to Your Child About Their Diagnosis?
- 8 Ways to be a Great Advocate For Your Family Member With Special Needs
- Coping with the Life You Never Imagined
- Developing Your Own Network
- Miracle Babies What You Need to Know
- I Do Not like Being a Special Needs Parent and That’s OK
- Dad’s Emotional Video Defending Down Syndrome
This post originally appeared on our March/April 2021 Magazine